TRAFFIC DELAYS – Saturday May 20, 2023
The 2023 Straddie Salute traffic management plan was developed by Altus Australia in consultation with Department of Transport & Main Roads, Queensland Police Service and Redland City Council to ensure the safety of competitors and minimal disruption to Straddie residents, businesses and visitors.
The following steps were taken to notify all residents and visitors of anticipated delays:
- Traffic delay signage was installed in key locations around the island 3 weeks prior to the event.
- Community Facebook Page was used in the lead up to notify and remind residents of the delays
- Resident PO Boxes received notification
- Straddie Island News Autumn edition included a notification
- Island businesses received direct notification
- On event day up to 20 minute delays were experienced along the following routes. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.
|7.30am – 7.45am||Trail Run Start||East Coast Rd – Point Lookout Oval to George Nothling Drive|
|9.30am – 10.00am||Kids Duathlon||East Coast Rd – Point Lookout Oval to Tramican St intersection (Detour along George Nothling & Tramican St available)|
|10.30am – 12.30pm||Triathlon||East Coast Rd – Point Lookout Oval to Beehive Rd intersection|
Beehive Rd – East Coast Rd intersection to Amity township entrance
Please direct any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org